San Antonio Electrical Injury Lawyers
Experienced San Antonio Electrical Injury Lawyers Standing Up for Victims of Electrical Injuries In Texas
In South Texas, powerlines are everywhere. Despite the current trend in people wanting to live off the grid, electrical plugs are alive and well. Electricity affords us many conveniences. From hot water to microwaves to dryers to home lighting, our lives simply wouldn’t be the same without it. Although it’s something that we all tend to take for granted, electricity can be extremely dangerous. An electrical injury can cause serious burns, permanent injuries, disfigurement, disability, and even death. If you’re hurt because of a faulty or downed electrical line on the job or even while you’re just taking a walk down the road, you could be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, lost time from work, permanent disfigurement, pain and suffering, and more. If your loved one died because of an electrical injury, you could be entitled to financial compensation for final expenses, wrongful death, medical expenses, loss of financial support, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship. Contact our law firm now to have an experienced south Texas electrical injury lawyer to have your potential claim evaluated. If you have a valid claim, we can help you understand your legal rights and your next steps.
What Are the Most Common Electrical Injuries in South Texas?
All electrical injuries have the potential to be extremely serious, cause permanent effects, and they can also be life-threatening. If you witness an electrical injury or if you’re the victim, make sure that you call for emergency medical help. Electrical currents can affect the internal organs, including the heart and brains. The most common electrical injuries in south Texas are:
- Flash or flame induced burns. These can be surface level or deep enough to cause tissue death. Tissue death can result in permanent scarring and disfigurement. Burns carry a risk of infection and nerve damage.
- Injuries to the skeletal system, muscles, joints, or ligaments. Commonly known as orthopedic injuries, electricity can cause serious damage to your body. They can also cause kidney failure, injuries to the eyes, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Thermal injuries. Thermal injuries are burns that can be caused by electricity. They’re also known as a thermal burn. Thermal fractures can also be caused by an electrical injury.
- Flash or flame injuries occur in around 40% of all electrical injury incidents.
- Loss of consciousness.
- Damage to the nerves, blood vessels, and other soft tissue.
- Amputation is required in just over 10% of electrical injury cases.
- Secondary injuries that result from a fall. When someone is electrocuted, they eventually fall or hit another object. The impact with the ground or other object can cause its own set of injuries that wouldn’t have occurred if it weren’t for the electrocution.
- Ventricular fibrillation. This is an arrhythmia of the heart that happens because of the electricity running through the body. It can cause a heart attack as well as permanent, and sometimes deadly, damage to the heart.
Laws and Regulations Exist to Protect You
There are specific regulations and laws that govern electrical safety for public power lines and outlets, residential electrical, and commercial electrical. As experienced south Texas electrical injury lawyers, we review the standards set in place to protect the public and determine if those standards were violated. We’re here to help you hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries. Electrocution is one of the most common occupational injuries in the United States. If you were hurt on the job, you have rights. We’re here to help you get what you deserve.
Sometimes, electrical injuries happen because you use a faulty piece of equipment. Defective and faulty products exist and they often hurt people in serious ways. Product liability lawsuits can be extremely complicated matters, particularly where electrical injuries are concerned. It can be next to impossible to take on manufacturers on your own. Our San Antonio electrical injury lawyers can help.
Schedule Your Free Consultation With Our San Antonio Electrical Injury Lawyers
If you are a victim of an electrical injury, call us now to schedule your free consultation. We’ll help you determine if you have a legal claim. Our experienced team of San Antonio electrical injury lawyers can help you protect your rights and get the financial compensation you deserve.
Electrical injuries are relatively uncommon events, however, over 46,000 workers suffered electricity-related injuries in years 1992-2002 from electrical injuries suffered on the job. During the same period of time, over 3,300 workers died from on-the-job electricity-related injuries. (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health)
Electrical personal injury manifestations are frequently devastating in scope and require an intensive approach to evaluation, monitoring and management. There are several mechanisms by which contact with an electrical source may indirectly injure the patient, such as burn injuries caused by ignition of clothing, by the arcing current or the skeletal trauma from violent muscular contraction.
In short, there are simply too many areas of potential discussion concerning electrical injuries, to address in this page; if you have any questions, contact an experienced attorney to discuss the specifics of your situation.