Kurt W. Gransee
San Antonio, Texas Attorney
Kurt Gransee is a founding member of Rush & Gransee, L.C. Mr. Gransee started his legal career at a large defense firm where his legal skills were honed. Then Mr. Gransee joined the Bexar county District Attorney’s Office where he quickly rose through the ranks after successfully trying a variety of criminal cases. Kurt Gransee has taken the skills he developed and created one of the pre-eminent law firms in San Antonio.
Mr. Gransee primarily limits his current practice to those individuals charged with State or Federal crimes. Mr. Gransee has a reputation of going the extra mile to get his client the justice they deserve. We have used to our advantage the foremost experts in accident reconstruction, medicine, computer forensics and psychology. By using the appropriate experts in a criminal case our clients can get justice, whether it’s a not guilty or a greatly reduced sentence. Unlike many other criminal defense firms we have a fully staffed law firm, with a legal library, high speed copiers, and the ability to try a criminal case using high tech audio visual aids to persuade a jury.
Kurt Gransee has been voted by his peers and listed as one of San Antonio’s Best Lawyers, for the past 11 years in the annual legal poll conducted by the monthly magazine “Scene in SA”. Mr. Gransee was identified as one of San Antonio’s best lawyers in Criminal Defense Law. Mr. Gransee has represented clients and litigated cases in a wide variety of criminal cases including injury to a child “shaken baby”, internet child porn, Intoxication manslaughter, intoxication assault, DWI, and money laundering. Mr. Gransee has handled State and Federal cases throughout Texas, and in Federal District Court.
- Honors: Board of Advocates
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- Honors: American Inns of Court (1988-1989)
- B.A. cum laude – 1982
- Major: Business
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1991
San Antonio Bar Association
Federal Bar Association
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Public Pension Funds Trustee’s Duty of Care National Conference on Public Employer Retirement Systems, 1991
- Identified as one of San Antonio’s Best Lawyers by “Scene in SA” magazine under Criminal Law, 2005 – Present
- Bexar County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1992 – 1994
- Phi Delta Phi