San Antonio Products Liability Lawyers
Experienced San Antonio Products Liability Lawyers Holding Product Makers Accountable For Defective Products Defective or dangerous products are the cause of many thousands of injuries every year. Product liability refers to a manufacturer or seller being held liable for placing a defective product into the hands of a consumer. Potentially liable parties include:
- The product manufacturer
- A manufacturer of component parts
- The wholesaler
- The retail store that sold to the consumer
- Design defects occur when it can be shown that the design of the product makes it unreasonably dangerous. A table designed with two legs, for example, might be considered to contain a defective design because it tips over too easily.
- Manufacturing defects exist when it can be demonstrated that the product does not conform to the designer’s or manufacturer’s own specifications. These cases can often be the easiest to prove, using the manufacturer’s own design or marketing standards to show that the product was defective
- Marketing defects include improper labeling of products, insufficient instructions, or the failure to warn consumers of a product’s hidden dangers. A negligent or intentional misrepresentation regarding a product may also give rise to a product liability claim.